Working at Grey Method
Headquartered in the modern Perch co-working space in Bicester, our diverse team consists of geographically dispersed developers based in Southern England. We are a modern business, communicating primarily electronically and minimizing fluff so that we can do what we love. Once a month we get together in our shared office space in Bicester town to discuss ongoing needs and concerns of the team.
Part Time Junior Software Engineer
As a software engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing software systems using modern technology stacks.
This role is a part time remote working opportunity with one monthly meet up in Bicester.
The successful applicant will have the following essential skills:
- A basic understanding of common software development processes.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- A solid understanding of popular office suites & browsers.
- Exposure to at least one of the following programming languages: JS, Java, C#, C++, Python, PHP
- Experience using database engines such as MSSQL, MySQL or MongoDB
- Experience using source control systems such as Git, TFS, Mercurial or similar
Salary & Provisions
This is a part time opportunity without set working hours. You can seek and maintain employment elsewhere whilst working with us so long as you meet our monthly minimum commitment in hours.
The hourly rate for this role is £13/hour varying based on experience.
If you were to work 37.5 hours a week, the equivalent annual salary would be £25,300.
You will be provided with a laptop for development, with the option of working in the coworking space in Bicester if desired.